Answers to your questions from students, alumni, and school officials
Choosing the right graduate school program can be daunting. Graduate school entails a tremendous investment of time, money, and energy. You want some assurance that you will get a solid return on your investment-ideally in the form of a rewarding and personally fulfilling career path.
This section will provide you with a deeper understanding of the variety of internationally focused schools and show you the kinds of questions your peers are asking about options for graduate study.
Click here for a PDF download of the section, or follow these links:
- Ritsumeikan University, Graduate School of International Relations
- The New School, Graduate Program in International Affairs
- Maxwell School of Syracuse University
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
- Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver
- The Fletcher School, Tufts University
- The Elliott School of International Studies, The George Washington University
- Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
- Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA)
- Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA)
"I hear the term 'global governance' used more and more frequently. How does your school approach this topic?"
"How can my work experience enhance a master's education at your school?"
“I am searching for a graduate program that will open up a greater range of professional opportunities. How have your more recent graduates accomplished this goal?"
"With geopolitical power shifting to Asia, what are the benefits of studying in the region?"
"How does your school integrate the new concepts of security, including human security, into its curriculum?
"How does a multicurricular approach to the study of international affairs prepare someone for success on the global stage?”
"Does your school offer opportunities for students to get experience in the field prior to graduating?"
"Does geographic location matter when choosing a graduate program in international affairs?"
"Is it important to have full-time work experience before entering your school's program?"
Choosing the right graduate school program
Back to Sponsored Section Index